Thursday 21 March 2013

MS2 EVALUATION: Comparison Products

When reviewing my production pieces, I compared my DVD cover and poster to other films from the true story genre. Using the films mentioned above I found my DVD cover didn’t really match theirs; however using this website http://www.filmcrave.com/list_genre_movie.php?genre=Fantasy&page=1 I researched fantasy-drama films, and found two that I could use as comparisons, shown below. 


I can compare the Butterfly Effect to my DVD cover because the facial expression of the protagonist is grim and the indirect mode of address adds an enigma of mystery. Also the white lighting used around the protagonist is similar to my DVD Cover. Another comparison is that the background colour is used all over the DVD cover, which is a feature of my DVD cover, and the colour is also black on both products. 




Another comparison is ‘8 mile’, as it’s a true story and reflects my plot-line by showing that whatever life throws at you, you can overcome it. The protagonist’s mode of address shadows mine, as they both look down at their hands.  The background colour is similar as it uses shadows/lighting to highlight the protagonists face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment